How to View and Print Tax Maps
To easily view and print Tax Maps, you will need Adobe Reader 6.0 software or higher. This is available as a free download from Adobe.
Open up the tax map by clicking on the desired plat map from the town wide plat map grid. The tax map will automatically open in Adobe Reader.
You can pan , zoom in and zoom out in Reader. The maps are stored as 24 inch by 34 inch documents. You can print this map to a smaller page size, including 8.5 x 11 or 11 x 17, though it will be difficult to read the map and not to the correct scale. You should not use the maps in this format to determine abutter lists as the map is not to proper scale.
To print to a particular page size, hit the print icon or Print choice under the file pulldown menu, choose the page size in the print properties and choose the fit to paper option in the page scaling window (see fig. 1) Click OK.
In order to accurately determine abutters, the maps MUST be printed to scale.
Up-to-date Abutter Ownership information is only available in the Assessor's Office at this time.
To Print Tax Maps to Scale
- Locate the area you would like to print.
- View the map at 100% using the view window at the top of the screen (see fig 2). You can either enter the number or use the pulldown menu.
- Click the print icon or Print choice under the file pulldown menu.
- Choose your paper size under printer properties.
- Choose current view radial button in print range and None under Page Scaling (see fig 3). This will print the current view at the proper map scale of 1200 (one inch = 100 feet) or 2400 (1 inch = 200 feet) to the page size you chose.
- Click on OK to print