The mission of the Town Manager’s Office is to provide for general administrative management, policy direction, and oversight of municipal operations. The office is committed to being responsive, ethical, and transparent while providing quality, innovative, and effective service to the Town Council, all Town departments, federal and state agencies, the business community, and our residents. The office fosters and promotes effective working relationships with all Town employees, boards, committees, and commissions, and is committed to annually presenting a fiscally responsible operating budget and six-year capital improvement plan.
The principle functions of the Town Manager’s Office include, but are not limited to:
- Advise the Town Council on municipal policy and programs affecting the community
- Provide direct staff support to the Town Council and various municipal Boards and Commissions
- Responsible for the administration and management of all municipal government operations, including directing and coordinating policy implementation, activities, and work programs for all Town Departments
- Interact with federal and state agencies and other local governments and agencies
- Conduct short and long-range financial planning
- Policy and program development including preparation, administration, and fiscal management of the annual operating budget and the six-year capital improvement program
- Manage employee and labor relations including contract negotiation, implementation, and grievance process
- Perform special studies and issue analyses and evaluations as needed to promote informed decision making
- Review and oversee the submission and administration of federal, state, and foundation grants
- Monitor proposed state legislation and represent the local government interests
- Provide general management oversight of major Town construction projects
- Communications with citizens and public
Please click here to access live video streaming and on demand access of Council meetings.