All residents of South Kingstown are encouraged to recycle for free at the Rose Hill Regional Transfer Station. Recyclable material can now be mixed together but must still be separated from household trash. Household trash must be disposed of in designated roll-off/compactors which are located in the Residential User Area.
Please Recycle the Following Items
- Plastics - Any plastic container up to 2 gallons in size - NEW
Bottles, jugs, jars, tubs, takeout containers, plastic cups yogurt containers, plastic egg cartons
(Empty and rinse – don’t crush. Replace caps and lids.)
Bottles and jars
(Empty and rinse – remove metal lids and recycle both.)
- Mixed Paper and Cardboard
Newspaper, magazines, paper bags corrugated cardboard, paperback books, thin cardboard boxes
- Metal Cans and Foil
Aluminum cans, foil, pie plates, tin cans (soup, vegetable, tuna and pet food)
(Empty and rinse – don't crush.)
Milk, juice, juice boxes, soy, broth and soup.
(Empty and rinse – no pouches or straws)
- Scrap metal – pots, pans, hangers, wires, appliances, chains, cables, nuts and bolts
- Plastic bags – bring bags back to the store. Do not place recyclables in plastic bags.
- Refrigerated and frozen food boxes (butter, soda, beer, pizza or TV dinner).
- Plastic Containers larger than 2 gallons and non- container plastic (toys, furniture)
- Greasy pizza boxes
- Clothing or textiles
The Rose Hill Regional Transfer Station is located at 163 Rose Hill Road in Peace Dale one-half mile north of Saugatucket Road. The hours are Monday through Saturday, 7:00 am — 3:00 pm. For more information, call the Rose Hill Regional Transfer Station at 783-4554 or the South Kingstown Solid Waste Division at 789-9331 extension 2259 or 2250.
Click here to see the Rose Hill Regional Transfer Station brochure.
For more information on recycling, click here to see the Recycle Together video.