The Town of South Kingstown’s Geographic Information System (SKGIS) Division of the Planning Department, established in 1997, provides access to accurate geographic information about the Town as a tool in decision-making for Town government and its citizens. This is accomplished through the development and maintenance of a functioning computer database and graphic interface that excels in providing geographic information, which, whether on the computer screen or on a printed map, facilitates the work of Town departments, and provides citizens with direct access to relevant Town information.
How is GIS used in South Kingstown?
- Development and maintenance of town GIS data layers including:
- Parcels and Tax Maps
- Utility Infrastructure (Water, Wastewater, Stormwater, Roads)
- Protected Open Space
- Providing geospatial analysis and decision-making support services to Town departments
- Linking GIS data layers with other Town databases
- Providing access to GIS data and map production capability for Town staff
- Maintaining public Internet site (WebGIS) for citizen access to GIS data
- GIS data distribution and map sales to the public.
For more information regarding the Town’s GIS, please contact Carol Baker, GIS Administrator at 789-9331 x1249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: While the Town makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the GIS data, the Town of South Kingstown provides this data as is, with all faults. The Town of South Kingstown makes no claims, no representations and no warranties, regarding the reliability, completeness or the accuracy of the GIS data and GIS data products furnished by the Town. In no event shall the Town be liable for any indirect or consequential damages incurred from the use or inability to use the data. It should be noted that while GIS maps provide parcel information, these resources are not surveys of land should not be considered as such.