Risk Management functions include defining or approving insurance requirements on virtually all Town projects, including special functions such as road races; and editing insurance specifications defined by consultant architects/engineers.
- Receive, file, monitor and update all contractor certificates of insurance, assuring compliance with bid specifications and monitoring applicable policy expiration dates.
- Evaluate and/or define insurance requirements for most Town projects of small or intermediate value. Involvement may also be required if consultant architects/engineers have been retained.
- Define, receive and confirm all insurance and indemnification requirements for citizen-sponsored events conducted in the Town of South Kingstown (e.g. road races, fairs, carnivals, etc.). The Town licenses approximately 25 of these events annually.
- Administer, investigate and determine, with the Town's insurance committee, the disposition of property damage claims filed against the Town that fall below the Town's insurance deductible with the Rhode Island Interlocal Risk Management Trust. Issue reimbursement checks and obtain releases from claimants.
- Function as the Town's liaison with any insurers and/or their legal representatives on any impending court appearances or legal actions filed against the Town.