The Hazard Memorial Garden was constructed by Mrs. Roland Hazard in the 1920's as part of the Hazard estate and consisted of a rock garden that included a gold fish pond. The garden was donated to the Town of South Kingstown in 1993. Kurt Van Dexter, local landscape architect, developed a master plan for the garden in 1994 which is used to complete improvements and additions to the gardens.
The Parks and Recreation Department and members of the South County Garden Club and made a variety of improvements to the site over the past decade. The improvements have included walking paths, border fencing (financed by a Champlin Foundation grant), pond renovation, two park signs, and numerous plantings.