To ensure the safety of Adopt-A-Park participants and proper planning for park improvements, the Parks and Recreation Department requests that participants adhere to the following guidelines:
- Work should only be completed during daylight hours and in appropriate weather.
- Participants must wear protective clothing including work gloves, sturdy shoes, and long sleeve shirts and pants to prevent injury from sharp objects, insect stings, sunburn and poison ivy.
- Participants should take breaks and drink plenty of water to avoid heat-related illness or over-exertion.
- The coordinator must provide adequate supervision for any participants under 18 years of age.
- Extreme care should be exhibited in areas where hazardous conditions may exist. Examples include roads, parking lots, bridges, construction sites, open water, and areas where mowing, tree trimming, or pest control is in progress.
- Only non-motorized hand tools may by utilized.
- Please have a first aid kit available in case of injury.
- All Adopt-A-Park efforts must be coordinated through the South Kingstown Parks and Recreation Department.